MailToBlog - An e-mail a day keeps the fascists at bay.

Proud Members of the Reality-Based Community

Monday, September 05, 2005

Please Fight Against Bush's War on Truth

I'm sick of the lies. And I'm sick of media shills who swallow Rove/Bush lies without checking their facts. I'm sick of complacent people who are all too willing to accept Bush's lies at face value. And I'm mostly sick of the people who waste valuable time (that should be spent on saving lives along the Gulf Coast) creating these lies to make the incompetent and inhumane Bush administration smell better to the public. I believe that now more than ever it is our duty as US citizens to refute these lies loudly and as often as possible. We need to object to every media piece that spreads these lies.

Today's NY Times is reporting
Under the command of President Bush's two senior political advisers, the White House rolled out a plan this weekend to contain the political damage from the administration's response to Hurricane Katrina.It orchestrated visits by cabinet members to the region, leading up to an extraordinary return visit by Mr. Bush planned for Monday, directed administration officials not to respond to attacks from Democrats on the relief efforts, and sought to move the blame for the slow response to Louisiana state officials, according to Republicans familiar with the White House plan.The effort is being directed by Mr. Bush's chief political adviser, Karl Rove, and his communications director, Dan Bartlett.

Several news media have been publishing the new Rove/Dubya lie that the Louisiana governor is to blame for the delay in aid. The Washington Post is one of them, but it did print a retraction. Others have not yet done so. The lie looks like this.

"Louisiana did not reach out to a multi-state mutual aid compact for assistance until Wednesday, three state and federal officials said. As of Saturday, Blanco still had not declared a state of emergency, the senior Bush official said."


Here's what we need in order to refute that particular lie. Please join me in objecting to each and every news source, local, regional, national, international, that chooses to participate in Bush's War on Truth.

This is a link to the governor's Declaration of State of Emergency dated 8/26/2005 (Friday before the storm hit).
http://gov.louisiana.gov/2005 proclamations/48pro2005-Emergency-HurricaneKatrina.pdf

Here is a link to her letter to Bush dated 8/28/2005 with a list of requests for specific types of help.
http://gov.louisiana.gov/Disaster

Here is a link to a document on the White House website dated 8/27/05 stating "The President today declared an emergency exists in the State of Louisiana and ordered Federal aid to supplement state and local response efforts in the parishes located in the path of Hurricane Katrina beginning on August 26, 2005, and continuing. ..."
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2005/08/20050827-1.html


More detail on this at
http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/week_2005_09_04.php

2 Comments:

  • At 12:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    http://www.bigbrassblog.com/bba/

    If you haven't joined already, you might want to join Big Brass Alliance.

    I saw your post on Conyers Blog. While I should be in bed right now, I decided to help you spread it around. So I put it on my blog. http://okcitykid.bravejournal.com/entry/15769

    You might have wanted me to use my own words, but like I said, its late and I should be in bed. Like me, you probably aint making any money off this, but we're just trying to spread the truth. FEMA was grossly irresponsible, there is no doubt about that, any court of law would find them guilty. But the president and the VP and Ms Rice - what were they doing while people were dieing. What the hell do we pay them for, aren't they supposed to be like running this country or something. I'm a little frustrated because I've been banned from Katrina.com for my comments against the president. Why do people think it's wrong to speak bad of the president in public? If he wasn't bad, then it would be bad for people to speak bad about him. But is bad, so it is okay for people to speak bad about him. As I said to someone else, "How many murders do you have to be responsible for, before they call you a murderer?" We have that right and I served my country to protect that right, and you're going to hear me use it, and I'm not going to shut up for anybody.

     
  • At 3:47 AM, Blogger Mike in Texas said…

    OKCityKid, thanks for spreading the word. Oh ... and I'm not concerned about whether or not you used your own words.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home